PRAXIS has been building in the Santa Fe area for more than two decades. We’re passionate about construction, and we take enormous pride in what we build.
And this a-to-z-zest for building encompasses more than all-thread anchors and zinc-plated z-clips. Our award winning field crews and subcontractors are equally adept at new construction, remodeling projects and restoration work, both residential and commercial.
The staff at PRAXIS believe building your project should be as a pleasurable an experience for you as it is for us, even exciting and fun. That goes from the first shovel thrust into dirt until the front door keys are placed into your hands.
Here’s how we work to make this happen for our customers:
- CLIENT SATISFACTION: We make every effort to meet, and when we can, exceed your expectations during all phases of the work. Most importantly, we hope to earn, then maintain your trust, by keeping you fully informed regarding developments and by requesting your input about the work every step of the way.
- NO SURPRISES: Built into our construction and supervising methodology is the determination to anticipate all project issues, to envision crossing the bridge before we get to it. Our oversight starts before work begins as well as while construction is in progress. At PRAXIS, the very best surprise is no surprise, for either you or us.
- WHEN SOMETHING DOES GO WRONG: We do all that we can to fix oversights or mistakes to your satisfaction. After all, our reputation as builders depends on getting it right.
- SUBCONTRACTORS: A general contractor is only as good as its subcontractors. And we take great pride in using some of the best crafts men and women in Northern New Mexico.
- COST CONTROL: Everyday PRAXIS takes the time to track the actual costs of labor and materials. Estimating at PRAXIS is a science, not a guessing game. Many of our clients add features midway through the project after they realize the dreaded cost overruns they had expected don’t materialize with a PRAXIS-built project.
- TIMING: We build with all deliberate speed, working carefully, but ever mindful construction is an exercise in delayed gratification for our clients. We do all we can to reach our completion target dates.
- NO CUT CORNERS: We build what we say we will build, use the quality materials we agree upon, and install the fixtures you specify.
- GREEN CONSTRUCTION: We do whatever is practical to keep construction waste to a minimum. Scrap lumber is used for home heating. Waste concrete is pulverized and incorporated as aggregate in future concrete mixes. Excavated soil is banked as fill for future projects.
- WARRANTY: A custom building project consists of thousands of skilled hand motions assembling tons of construction materials that were mass produced during numerous stages of fabrication. If something goes wrong during any part of this process, we fix it at no charge.
- CLEANING: For nearly all remodel projects, PRAXIS strongly recommends that our clients vacate the property under renewal. Living in a construction zone is a challenge, even for the most stalwart of our customers. Dust and debris is an inevitable consequence. Live-in or not, our supervisors devote a good portion of every work day to waste containment and clean up.
- POST PROJECT: We take great pride in the bond of friendship with our clients that lasts long after we pick up our tools for the last time and move on. Your new home or business is as much an expression of us as it is of you. And we take lasting pride in the work we have done.
- ONE LAST WORD: Even if another architecture company created your design, don't hesitate to contact us for a construction bid. We welcome every chance to serve your building needs.