Northern New Mexico style. Contemporary Santa Fe style. Spanish Pueblo Revival. Territorial. Or your style unique to you.
We speak the stylistic languages of Northern New Mexico. And with that, we can translate your desires into evocative and beautiful spaces for living and working in the Land of Enchantment. Or we can blaze an entirely new architectural trail that is quintessentially yours.
- CREATIVE DIALOGUE: Collaboration is not an empty word at PRAXIS. After all, the space we design by rights ought to reflect the aesthetic sensibility and taste of no one else but you, the eventual occupants. Having said that, because a building design also becomes a thread in the fabric of your neighbor’s lives, good design ideally should also be inviting and pleasing to others. We satisfy these dual imperatives by calling on nearly two decades of award-winning experience designing custom homes and commercial projects.
- FOCUS: We ask you what makes a home or business space special. What have you seen in houses or businesses of others that thrilled your senses or inspired your imagination? How do you envision your use and enjoyment of your future project’s interior and exterior spaces? These, and many other questions, are posed, and your answers noted. We also propose ideas for your consideration that we think may catch your fancy.
As we talk, we will incorporate your thoughts and ideas into a framework that guides the design process every step of the way. Your participation includes the opportunity to virtually walk through and fly around the structure we have designed together using computer modeling software.
- YOUR BUDGET: Equally paramount in our considerations is what you are willing to spend to realize your vision. A glorious design you cannot afford to build makes no sense and never happens at PRAXIS. We guarantee it. Because we are one of the few true design/build firms in Santa Fe, we are licensed both as architects and as general contractors by the State of New Mexico. This enables us to ascertain with confidence what it costs to build what we design.
- ECO-DESIGN: Our vast experience with green building standards places PRAXIS at the forefront of firms leading worldwide architectural design toward sustainable building. Two PRAXIS projects have achieved the coveted LEED Platinum status. We can tailor your design to include as many, or as few, green features as your inclinations and budget allow.
- REGULATORY HURDLES: Meeting the green building requirements increasingly mandated by local governing bodies is our métier, given our experience designing and building Platinum LEED structures. Your project also benefits from our practical understanding and a detailed knowledge of local building codes, zoning regulations, historic review issues and a host of other statutory criteria.
Because we are both an architecture and general contracting firm, we know better than most what passes muster, not only at the drawing stage, but also what gets approved by building inspectors in the field. It’s this knowledge that turns your architectural plans into the reality you most want to call your own with the least delay.
- ONE FINAL NOTE: Even if you have no intention of using the services of our general contracting company, we welcome the opportunity to serve your architectural needs. We will happily and agreeably consult with any general contractor of your choice as construction progresses.